Fireball Sighting England UK 15th June 2012

Jun 16

Hall Green, Birmingham-15th June 2012

Location of Sighting: Hall Green, Birmingham
Date of Sighting: 15/06/2012
Time: 23:25
Witness Name: Kai Basha

Witness Statement: Me and two other people (just left the bus) saw a fast movign green light in the sky. NO sound. NO Trail. Nothing. Seriously freaked the hell out of me. Anyone know of a shooting star or meteor shower due this time of the year???

Source: www.uk-ufo.co.uk

Comments from uk-ufo.co.uk:

Andrew June 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Hi Kai,
Looks as though it was a meteor/fireball, same date and time
as your’s.. one of the reports- 15JUN2012 Marie Daventry UK 23.28 GMT 8 sec W-N, Left to Right, North LIGHT GREEN Same as Venus NO It was a bright light green ball with a short tail.

keef June 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm
yes it probabily was a meteor there is meteor showers all the time at different times of the month and they usually peak around these times

Kap June 18, 2012 at 12:11 am
We saw the same thing, but over M1 near leicester.
We did see a trail. No sound.

Damian June 18, 2012 at 10:43 am
I saw the same thing in Sheldon around the same time.

I just described it to someone and they said I sounded mentally ill, hence why I googled ‘green light Birmingham’ and found this site.

ROCKY June 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm
My bro text me and asked me the same as he saw a green ball of light around that time and this is in norwich

Peter Elliott June 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm
I was traveling west on the M4 near Swindon and see the Green shooting star travelling in a south to north direction at around 2330h on friday.

ian June 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm
bright green light seen at approx 11.25_11.30 Friday 15/6/2012 on the A47 just west of Leicester, lasted about 6 seconds seen it through light cloud it was going from going west to east. would be interested to find out what it is. I was on my way home from work at the time NOT the pub.

Jack June 22, 2012 at 3:52 am
omg mate i seen the same thing, im from northampton.. i was sitting in the garden on the phone to my misses then i seen a thin green light in the sky moving left to right, it was like it got thicker then there was a shining beam at the end of it. it happened so quick though, i just ran in my house and my mum was like you look as white as a ghost lol

Dee August 11, 2012 at 8:16 pm
While closing bedroom curtains at around 23:30 15/06/2012 in Wolverhampton I noticed ,in sky, a green light moving very quickly and erratically from left to right , then suddenly traveling downwards at great speed, my husband also observed this, We thought it may be someone playing with a laser pen but there didn’t appear to be a beam attached to the light. Found this site by googling “green light in sky 2012 west midlands ” I am amazed there were other sightings.

Ve August 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm
Hi Dee – my BF seen a green light on the 10/8 looking from penn towards Willenhall/Bilston, same as you described and same time! Are you sure about the date? We also have no idea what it could have been!

Ve August 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm

The light came back tonight, this time I seen it – it was changing colour from green to red, and I think it was moving like a kite, which makes me think it was maybe a kite (with a really long and wide range) however we have practically no wind tonight. also it stopped after we seen a big white light from that same area rise and then dissapear (definatly NOT a chinese lantern). I am very confused. I would like to think it was just a LED Lantern, however it seems to wide a range for a kite in an urban area and what was that white light? (we have aeroplanes fly over fraquently to B’ham airport – it was not one of these with landing lights)

Sue August 28, 2012 at 1:30 pm
At approx 11.15/20pm on Monday 27th August 2012…. I witnessed a huge bright green light… A full circle with a vast green haze around it, no sound, no trail travelling so quickly it was gone from view in seconds….. It was very low, behind clouds so close to me on my street in the Quinton area of Birmingham. Please can anyone explain what I saw and did anyone else see this sight? I have been quite disconcerted by it & trying to be logical thinking it may have been a meteorite, it was travelling across the sky, very low…. Not downwards.